Welcome to Children of Our Savior Preschool! We are a ministry of Our Savior Lutheran Church.
MISSION STATEMENT, PURPOSE & PHILOSOPHY
So that the children may . . . “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord
and Savior Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 3:18
“To communicate to our community the love of Jesus and the changeless Word of God in today’s changing world.”
To educate and instill in the children and staff the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the changeless Word of God by way of curriculum, chapel, how we conduct ourselves and interact, as well as provide developmentally appropriate curriculum so each person will be better prepared to fulfill the various vocations the Lord provides in a God pleasing manner to the good of their neighbor.
- Children are valued members of God’s family.
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. 1John 3:1
- Children will be taught God’s loving guidance according to His Law and learn the blessings of forgiveness through His Gospel.
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17
- We are a play based, developmental preschool program.
- We provide unhurried time for social interaction, communication and self-expression.
- We create carefully planned environments in classrooms and outdoors where children can feel confidence in their own choices.
- We use themes and projects as a provocation for learning, leading to investigation and reflection.
- We see documentation of the child’s own original work through photographs and memory books as a vehicle for reflection and continued learning.
- We see teachers as researchers, facilitators and continual learners. We support this through ongoing professional development.
- We see parents as the child’s first teacher, parenting with them in facilitating learning and natural development.
Intentional Outreach Plan
Our Savior Lutheran Church – Children of Our Savior Preschool
The Lord planted Our Savior Lutheran Church in 1951 to proclaim the saving Gospel of the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ our Savior in the community of Westchester. Today, He has blessed us with a Preschool ministry which has the trust of hundreds of families in the community. With His help, this ministry will be the primary discipling mission and entrance point into the lives of neighbors who do not yet believe.
At Children of Our Savior Preschool (COOS), the clear preaching of God’s Word inspires a developmentally appropriate curriculum, and a warm culture of loving Christian interaction led by our teachers. Consequently, not only the students but their parents, siblings, and other relatives take advantage of opportunities to interact in the congregational life of Our Savior Lutheran Church. The Gospel of Christ is at work to make disciples of all nations among us.